in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Newbie!!!

Last post 08-12-2012 11:10 PM by MommyTo6. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2012 8:53 AM

Newbie!!!

Hi everyone!  My reluctant homeschooling husband has given me (by God's amazing grace) 1 year to homeschool as a trial run. I have 3 boys that just finished 4th, 3rd and Kindergarden.  I also have 2 girls 3 & 5 and a 6mo baby.  Whew!!  Does anyone have any advice about what to really concentrate on this upcoming year as a new homeschooling family?  And some advice on encouragment for a reluctant homeschooling husband?

Thank you so much!!

Lynnea

• 08-03-2012 1:47 AM In reply to

Re: Newbie!!!

Hi, Firstly, let me assure you that you don'y need to worry much. Homeschooling can be done very easily provided you make a proper set of plans. Planning is the most important criteria before starting anything new. As a trial method, start homeschooling first at your home. It will help you to understand a child's nature. It is also important to make a list of some activities which might interest children. Activities related to technology which doesn't require much of assistance for children can also be one of your features for homeschooling, because children usually get attracted easily anything related to technology. Make sure you provide assignment, so that children get involved and utilize time in a proper manner. I hope some of these suggestions will be of some help to you.
    http://www.1to1tutor.org
  • 08-12-2012 11:10 PM In reply to

• MommyTo6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-12-2012
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 1

Re: Newbie!!!

I'm in my first year homeschooling as well, and I too am a mommy of 6 kids :) although I'm only homeschooling 2 of them to begin with. Mine are in 5, 4, 2, 1, K, and K. I'm homeschooling the 4 & K.
    Amanda
    Mommy to Vanessa (12), Rebecca (10), Julian (9), Joanna (7), Jazmine (5), and Allena (4)
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Home School, Inc 2007