Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Isolation

Last post 08-30-2012 1:04 AM by cooljessica. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2011 9:52 PM

• yoohoo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 1

Isolation

Hi, I hav e just completed a year homeschooling my 15 yr old. It has been ok. We dont have any teens in our neighborhood

and he is lonely. We go to church once a week  and my son isnt attracted at all to the small older crowd of the youth group there.

He goes to karate oncea week and my husband is gone from 2 pm-1 am 5-6 days a week. Not only do I get no help at home.

My husband and I barely have time together. All the pessure is on me to keep things together and provide some timefor our son on top of homeschool.

I believe in homeschool, but it's too isolating for my son. He wants to go back to public school or christian school beccause of it.

Has anyone else run into this kind of situation? He had originally wanted to be homeschooled ,because it gave him more time to think and learn

without the pressure at school to perform one set way.

Help anyone???

• 08-24-2012 3:02 AM In reply to

Re: Isolation

I have gone through same situation 4 years back. My elder son got isolated from us, So I put him to a public school and drawing school also. He took time to get settled and to changed. He loves drawing. Now he do lot of paintings and he is very happy. And also he get involved with many people. So you also try something like this. I'm sure this will work. All the best.
  • 08-30-2012 1:04 AM In reply to

Re: Isolation

Hi, My advice to you would be to take your son to a school which involves some kind of curriculum activities. These extra curriculum activity schools help children grow their personality and also help them overcome their isolation.

http://www.1to1tutor.org
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Home School, Inc 2007