in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Help with Course-At-A-Glance, Please

Last post 11-01-2010 12:28 PM by mmmomof6. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2010 9:11 AM

Help with Course-At-A-Glance, Please

I started using PER last month, and have done plenty of editing as I figured out how it worked.  Now I've created a problem that I don't know how to fix.

One of my courses has four students.  Somehow, probably by moving dates, I managed to give two of those students two assignments on one day.  Tomorrow is Day 14 of this course, but looking at Course-at-a-Glance, across the columns, for the two with the extra assigment it says Nov. 1.  The others say Nov. 2 as they should.  This wouldn't be a problem, but I have not finished entering daily work for these classes.  Now, if I add class day work or assignments "for all students" in the first column, it assigns that work to Nov 1 for 2 of the students, and to Nov 2 for the other two.  If I then print out a daily calendar for Nov 2, the assignment is missing for the students whose days are off.  I don't want to have to add the daily work for each student individually.

I hope this makes sense, and that someone can help me.  I need to delete (not skip, because that won't rearrange the days on Course-at-a-Glance) the extra assignments.   I love this planner, but this is driving me crazy.  I've only discovered this problem in the one class so far, but I'm afraid it could also be in other classes as well, and I'd have to abandon this if I can't learn how to fix it.

Thanks,

Mary

• 11-01-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

Re: Help with Course-At-A-Glance, Please

I need to add that there may have been some kind of system glitch over the weekend, too.  

Last Thursday we worked to catch up on all past-due assignments, which I reviewed and marked complete.  I then created a non-school day for Friday, as we had some unexpected business.

Last night when I logged on, I was surprised to see many past-due assignments showing up.  I'm nearly certain I had marked all of them complete last week.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Home School, Inc 2007