in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Is it possible to make a term "inactive"?

Last post 08-16-2010 7:21 PM by weever. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2009 4:33 PM

Is it possible to make a term "inactive"?

The first term you make in PER is selected by default in the view "Courses at a glance". This is very annoying as you move on through the years. Unless I delete the previous terms they continue to show up selected by default in this view. I would like to keep my previous terms but archive them or set them as inactive so I can find the information from them if I need to, but I don't want them to be selected by default. If this isn't possible as of now, please consider adding it in the future.
    Filed under: ,
  • 01-01-2010 10:17 AM In reply to

Re: Is it possible to make a term "inactive"?

Good Morning, SciBirg!

If the system is defaulting to an older term, it is because there is not an existing term that contains the current date.  If there is no term containing the current date, the default becomes the first term created.  In other words, if your most recent term has an end date of December 15, 2009, the system will default to the oldest term created beginning on December 16, 2009.  If your most recent term has an end date of January 30, 2010, the system will default to this term as it contains the current date.

If this does not adequately answer your question or resolve the difficulty, please let me know!

Happy New Year,

~hsisue1

Sue Kearney

Customer Service

• 01-01-2010 11:03 AM In reply to

Thank you! That helped!
  • 08-16-2010 5:28 PM In reply to

• weever
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2010
    • Posts 2

This didn't help me. I am feeling rather stupid, but I've just set up this year's trimesters, to begin on August 30, 2010. The default term is still the first quarter of 2009, as it was ALL YEAR last year. Can anyone tell me what to do, other than to delete all those classes one by one, and then delete all the old terms?
  • 08-16-2010 6:23 PM In reply to

Hello,

Terms become "inactive" when the current date is in a newer term. When your August 30, 2010 trimester begins, the default trimester will be the 1st trimester.

If you have more questions, please email us at help@home-school-inc.com.

Sincerely,

Marjorie Lock, Customer Support

• 08-16-2010 7:21 PM In reply to

• weever
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2010
    • Posts 2

I see. So it doesn't actually help those of us who plan things out by terms, before they start. I appreciate your answer and I still like the on-line planner. (Thank you!) But if I could change one thing, it would be this--because it's very clumsy right now when I'm setting up and scheduling all the coursework.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Home School, Inc 2007