in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Single Parent homeschooling for the first time. What can I do for income while I homeschool?

Last post 06-12-2012 2:19 AM by cooljessica. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2008 1:13 AM

Single Parent homeschooling for the first time. What can I do for income while I homeschool?

I am a single parent without support from others, who just started homeschooling.  Homeschooling as opposed to public school,has been the best decision I have made for my child.  I have the work down, the socialization down, but am wondering if there are any other single parents out there homeschooling and working from home. I am needing to know what options I have to make income at the same time.  Is there a job I can do from home with my computer or a job to take my child with me?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to have to stop homeschooling before I get started. 

Thanks to all!

• 01-18-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

Re: Single Parent homeschooling for the first time. What can I do for income while I homeschool?

Hi,

I work at and would suggest   west.com   liveops.com or vipdesk.com                   All are ligit work at home places you will make between 14-20+ an hour. You do need to have a phone line strickly for the job an updated computer running at least xp with service pack 2 i believe.

I homeschool 3 children my 4th just went to highschool and this works out great for me...... I will say VIP desk does want your time like 12-12 or 4-12... If you need more flexability then go with West Or Liveops.... I know many people who left the corp world to do this and it works out well for us.

Best Of luck....

PS.. A tad of advice if anyone wants you to PAY DO NOT DO IT!!!!    Live ops after your hired will ask for 30.00 for background check.... They are ligit.

• 01-18-2008 7:47 PM In reply to

Re: Single Parent homeschooling for the first time. What can I do for income while I homeschool?

If you check out HSI's book store they have several informative books re: Home Based Businesses..."101 Home Based Businesses for Women" and "101 Internet Businesses" are just a few of them! 

Best of Luck to You!

~hsiamy

~ hsiamy
  • 01-18-2008 11:53 PM In reply to

I wish you luck, but then, we homeschooling types are quite resourceful, yes?  When I homeschooled my daughter, I operated a daycare and she came with me.  (That also took care of socialization for her)  Later, we cared for a woman who was 100 years old.  She had lived in the area all her life and had been a homesteader with her first husband.  She told wonderful stories (sometimes in triplicate) and we all lived in a log house beside a small stream.  It just so happened that the year we lived with her, my daughter was studying our state's history (and living with it!)  She could run out to sketch dewey spider webs in the morning by the creek. She had a flock of sheep that gathered around her when she sat in the little red wagon and cut up apples for them.  She could be a pretty kinesthetic learner, so we used sidewalk chalk to make giant-sized multiplication problems on the paved parking lot.  We raised a baby wild bird, baby mice and adopted cats.  Pleasant memories..

I sometimes used tutors, sometimes she tried public school for short periods....she was ill a lot.  I worked in a college library for several years and she hung out there and absorbed education by osmosis as well!  It was never easy, but we made it.  She finally decided to get her GED.  Now she is homeschooling her own because the school system where she lives is worse than incompatible. 

• 05-12-2008 2:47 PM In reply to

I have found a wonderful at home business opportunity that has really made a difference in my ability to continue homeschooling.  If you would like to find out more about it you can log on to a short webinar on Friday, May 16th at 9:00 p.m. EDT.  The link for the webinar is below and the INVITATION NUMBER IS -    40670.

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
    https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/426894722

Blessings

The Walters' family

• 05-12-2008 11:37 PM In reply to

This is how I do my home based business.  Please check the following link www.myacn.com for US and www.acncanada.ca for Canada.

If you need more information please let me know I believe I could find you the nearest friend who could help you out.  My e-mail address is josephwu99@yahoo.com.

Good luck!

• 06-10-2011 8:46 AM In reply to

Check our http://www.scribendi.com

We are always hiring remote editors, we provide flexibile schedules and fair wages.

• 04-30-2012 9:59 AM In reply to

Well, there are couple thing you can earn money while homeschooling such as selling stuff on ebay or do some writing job. Good luck :)

http://doctorarc.com/

• 06-12-2012 2:19 AM In reply to

Homeschooling is really a best job such as making good some of money, well i suggest you to go for home Tutoring along with homeschooling. Being in a some work profile you can good amount of money.
    http://www.1to1tutor.org
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Home School, Inc 2007