Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

A contest to enter...

Last post 05-11-2009 5:07 PM by MiaZ. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2009 11:51 PM

• MiaZ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Posts 150

A contest to enter...

Hey, here's a chance to win some free curriculum.  It's called Simple Schooling.  She has written history and science curricula for K-3 and 4-12, and it's in a unit study format, I believe.  Anyway, she is wanting to give away a bunch of curricula, but it doesn't look like her site is getting much traffic.  I haven't used it myself, but there are sample pages you can view. 

The way you enter the contest is to post on her site about your homeschool space - whether that's a dedicated room or outside on the deck or in the living room or just at the kitchen table.  I know some people around here have wonderful school rooms they might want to showcase.  Some people might need some history or science curriculum for next year. 

I just thought it sounded like a fun contest.  The link is here. 

I entered it as well.  Be sure to check out my page on her site, Sanity in Chaos!  (All I have is a box, a bookshelf and a caddy.  But maybe I'll get lucky!) 

PS:  I didn't put this on the "homeschooling" part of the site because I don't think people ever go there!  I did put it up on HomeschoolReviews, though.

Filed under: ,
  • 05-11-2009 2:50 PM In reply to

Re: A contest to enter...

Mia, your girls are adorable!  I would be happy to raise them for you, only I will give them back at age 12.  I don't even want my own after that age.  Big Smile

I didn't enter the contest since I don't think I need any of the supplies.  Ours would just be a picture of the beach anyway, hardly a classroom.  Your picture of homeschool in a bucket of mud should win hands down.

Mom to DD8 and DS28
    Using mostly A Beka

• 05-11-2009 5:07 PM In reply to

• MiaZ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Posts 150

Re: A contest to enter...

Minniewannabe:

Mia, your girls are adorable!  I would be happy to raise them for you, only I will give them back at age 12.  I don't even want my own after that age.  Big Smile

I didn't enter the contest since I don't think I need any of the supplies.  Ours would just be a picture of the beach anyway, hardly a classroom.  Your picture of homeschool in a bucket of mud should win hands down.

Thanks for the offer of raising the girls, but the oldest is already 11!  lol!  They might enjoy the beach, though!

I've known about Simple Schooling for a few months and I've always wanted to make time to take one of her .99 studies - just to see what it's like.  I suppose I don't really need the curriculum either...but she doesn't have many entries yet, which was surprising.  I know a lot of people on HSR - and probably here, too - have nice school rooms to show  Also, many people are like me and can't resist getting something - especially computer downloads that don't take up any actual space - "just in case" you might "need" it sometime! 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Home School, Inc 2007