Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Oh no...not again! Obamas' gift to the Queen...

Last post 04-06-2009 8:09 AM by Minniewannabe. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2009 2:19 PM

• MiaZ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Posts 150

Oh no...not again! Obamas' gift to the Queen...

Don't they have "people" that handle such things for them?  Maybe it's an April Fool's joke?

Obamas Embarrass America- Give Queen an IPod... She Already Has One (Video)

This says it all.

Oh, and Obama banned the press... again:

The president banned most reporters from nearly every event he held on a day busy with bilateral talks with foreign leaders, and even held cameras at bay for his visit to Buckingham Palace to meet the queen.
    Here's video from the meeting with the Queen of England.
    Michelle forgot to curtsey:

In European cultures it is traditional for women to curtsey in front of royalty.
    Maybe she thought it was downright mean?

More... Dan F. adds:

The Walgreens down the street from the White House must get a lot of action from the Obama clan.

Filed under: , ,
  • 04-01-2009 2:21 PM In reply to

• MiaZ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Posts 150

Re: Oh no...not again! Obamas' gift to the Queen...

Here's the video of the non-curtsey.

• 04-01-2009 9:52 PM In reply to

The video seems to have cut some out. She may have curtseyed, and the video didn't show it? I don't know. At any rate, it doesn't matter--the British public are smitten with the Obamas, and all will be forgiven.
  • 04-01-2009 11:49 PM In reply to

American citizens are not supposed to curtsey to Queen Elizabeth or any other monarch. It would have been an extreme breach of protocol for Mrs. Obama to curtsey.

Married to Mr. Elliemaejune for over 30 years
    Mom to two dds and two dsil
    Caretaker of two dear kitties, one French bulldog, and six hermit crabs
    Hula dancer extradordinaire

Seller of soaps and whatnots

• 04-02-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

Really? That makes sense then. I imagine anyone visiting the Queen is given explicit instruction on how to greet her.
  • 04-02-2009 8:52 AM In reply to

I thought the big oopsie was that Mrs. Obama shook hands with the Queen.  I don't believe anyone is supposed to touch monarchy.  I don't know.  I'll ask my inlaws since they've lived under the royal family for so many years.

Mom to DD8 and DS28
    Using mostly A Beka

• 04-02-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

• MiaZ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Posts 150

I know nothing about royal etiquette, myself.  Thanks for those who shared their knowledge about the curtsey.  I see no need for knowing about it myself, unless I plan on jetting over to England to meet the Queen one day.  That would be exciting, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. 

I did find this little tidbit interesting.  I'm not sure if the "mainstream media" has reported on it.  I would imagine not, since it will take a lot before the Obamas fall out of grace with them.  I don't pay attention to the "mainstream media" - which is why I don't know if this story is out there on the TV news or not.  I do find it interesting that they used to report on every misstep made by former President Bush (gosh...I miss him!) and are STILL trying to paint Sarah Palin as some trailor park redneck (apologies to anyone who lives in a trailor...my mom does, and she says "We prefer 'mo-bile home!'"). 

At any rate, this is NOTHING compared to what he and Congress have done these first few months in office.  This does seem rather trivial compared to the debt we're in, all the tax cheats in his cabinet, the extreme far-left agenda of his plans for health care and education, the Obama youth corps (and senior corps to come), etc., etc., etc.....

• 04-02-2009 10:14 AM In reply to

• aubin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 26

The worst part of the iPod gift is that it was preloaded with Obama speeches. I would have asked him, how much do you think this would get on Ebay?
    If you see my children, tell them I come here for the educational value.....
  • 04-02-2009 10:56 AM In reply to

• MiaZ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Posts 150

aubin:  "If you see my children, tell them I come here for the educational value!" 

Love it!

It also seems that the iPod Obama gave the Queen is made by slave labor.  I thought liberal wingnuts were supposed to be compassionate and stuff like that?

• 04-02-2009 11:26 AM In reply to

The Obama's have no clue, that they have no clue.

What an embarassment!   Classless. 

• 04-02-2009 8:10 PM In reply to

I also heard he gave the Queen signed picture of himself, Is this true? I can not believe he is really this repugnant!!!

• 04-02-2009 11:19 PM In reply to

chocolater:

I also heard he gave the Queen signed picture of himself, Is this true? I can not believe he is really this repugnant!!!

I read that it was the Queen who gave the Obamas a portrait of herself and her hubby.
  • 04-04-2009 7:53 PM In reply to

• MiaZ
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Posts 150

President Obama did do a slight bow to the Queen, but he bowed low to the Saudis.  Was this appropriate?

• 04-05-2009 7:01 PM In reply to

Minniewannabe:
     I thought the big oopsie was that Mrs. Obama shook hands with the Queen.  I don't believe anyone is supposed to touch monarchy.  I don't know.  I'll ask my inlaws since they've lived under the royal family for so many years.

If the Queen makes the first move by extending her hand, then yes, you make shake it. Gently, of course.Smile

• 04-05-2009 7:04 PM In reply to

elliemaejune:

Minniewannabe:

If the Queen makes the first move by extending her hand, then yes, you make shake it. Gently, of course.Smile

The big oopsie was that Mrs. Obama hugged the Queen.Embarrassed I'm pretty sure that only her family may hug her (and even then they probably have to have permission, lol).

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Home School, Inc 2007