in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

New Year's Changes

Last post 01-05-2008 7:30 PM by christinefieldhsi. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2007 11:19 AM

New Year's Changes

Is anyone making changes or tweaks to their plan for the new year?  What made you decide to do so?  What changes are you making?

christinefieldhsi 

Filed under: ,
  • 12-28-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

Re: New Year's Changes

I have found that the New Year tends to be a point where I often change things up a bit.  It is a chance to review our curriculum choices...adjust our schedules a bit and entertain the idea of doing more hands on projects (considering that we have more indoor time over the winter months and we are not on the go as much as the fall and spring).   This time of year seems to be a really focused time for us...until Spring Fever hits...then we are off to outdoor sports/activities and things become more relaxed once again.  Jan. - Apr. are more intense for us than other months it seems.

~hsiamy

~ hsiamy
  • 01-04-2008 8:55 PM In reply to

we do tend to become more focused now , after a holiday break, its time to settle in and get cozy. We will play more board games and do more family read alouds, we  are also teaching my oldest daughter to bake so there will be lots of that going on. She got an apron,chef hat, and cookbooks for Christmas:-)

Toni 

Filed under: , ,
  • 01-05-2008 7:30 PM In reply to

Has anyone ever completely changed curriculum mid year?

christinefield

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Home School, Inc 2007