in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

move to date question

Last post 10-17-2008 5:42 AM by hsisue1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2008 7:29 AM

move to date question

HI!

I just started using this program. I really like it, but I'm having a problem. We took an unexpected vacation last week. So I used "Move to Date" to move last week's assignments to this week. That worked fine. But for some reason, every day this week has two of each course, the course I moved, and the same course, but blank. That wouldn't be so bad, but it says I have work that needs to be reviewed, and those are the blank days. How do I get rid of blank course days? I could try moving them again, but they will just double up on the day I move them to. It's frustrating!

Thanks

annie

• 10-15-2008 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: move to date question

Hello, I am new as well, I believe if you move to date this will add to the tasks you have for that day. If you chose to skip a day or change the school day That will result in everything shifting to make allowances for the missed coursework.

I did the same for Columbus Day Holiday and we did not have the problem of duplicating work on any given day.

Good Luck,

Ayana Edwards

• 10-17-2008 5:42 AM In reply to

Re: move to date question

Hello,

There are three options for "taking a day off" from school:  Move to Date, Skip Day, and Non-School Day. 

Move to Date takes all the course work from a given day and moves to the new date you specify--the work is added to any course work all ready in place on the "new" date.

Skip Day literally Skips course work for that day.  The work is not moved ahead, it is simply removed from the plan.  Use this option if the course work in question is work that you do not intend to go back and make up later.

Non-School Day bumps all the course work up a day(s) through the end of the term.  In other words, if you unexpectedly take Monday off and use Non-School Day, Monday's course work moves to Tuesday, Tuesday's to Wednesday, Wednesday's to Thursday, etc.  A word of caution, the last day of your School Term is like a brick wall.  As all the non-school days bump ahead to the end of the term, they will eventually hit the brick wall and the last day of your term may end up holding a few days worth of course work.

I hope you find this information helpful,

~hsisue1

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Home School, Inc 2007