in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Latin courses

Last post 07-11-2012 5:08 AM by cooljessica. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2008 10:31 AM

Latin courses

Greetings, 

I've homeschooled my daughter since K, now we're going into the high school years.  As a foreign language, she wants to study Latin.  Has anybody found a good Latin course on-line, CD or ??

Thanks, and happy homeschooling to all  : )

• 08-28-2008 9:47 AM In reply to

• howl
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-28-2008
    • Posts 1

Re: Latin courses

I'm actually wondering something similar. I'm wanting to study it with my 3rd grader though. I think Latin is very important, and I still benefit from the one year that I took it in high school. I haven't gotten the chance to look to deeply into it, so I'm not even sure if it's do-able with a third grader...

Doesn't Rosetta Stone do foreign languages? I'm going to go check into that now.

• 08-28-2008 12:47 PM In reply to

Seton Home Study School uses the Prima Latina and Latina Christiana series to go from grade school to high school.  You don't have to be Catholic or enrolled in their courses to order their books.  I have oredered much of our curriculum from there and found the prices are usually cheaper than direct from the publishers.  www.setonbooks.com is the web site:D

• 09-08-2008 8:57 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply, howl.  I've been having trouble getting onto the site with passwords that mysteriously don't suddenly work.  Anyway, here we are, and I'm still researching all avenues.  Rosetta Stone looks like a strong possibility.  If we go this route, we'll post our thoughts about it.  Happy Homeschooling to you!

• 09-08-2008 9:01 PM In reply to

Thanks for your suggestions.  I've researched Seton books, and there are alot of wonderful things.  My head is spinning with all that's out there, with wanting to find the best.  Aaaargh.  But I know I'll find it, and we'll share our thoughts about what we choose.  Happy Homeschooling to all.

• 11-05-2008 6:20 AM In reply to

The Prima Latina is a great program from Seton books. ALso you may want to look into Classical vocabulary from latin roots. I am using both of these with my 3rd grader. She functions much higher than her age and grade level and I found these books really fun and simple. She really enjoys them. Good luck
    Filed under:
  • 05-24-2012 5:41 AM In reply to

If your daugter wants to learn Latin online then please visit this site which will help her to learn Latin word to word.

http://www.word2word.com/course.html

I know that using this site she will take long time to learn latin but it will help her to learn every word in Latin language. And she'll become strong in her Latin language skill. And if she wants learn it quickly then she needs to join regular classes.

• 07-11-2012 5:08 AM In reply to

Hello, u can find good latin courses on line. Google is the site which can be a help for your daughter, since she is interested in learnng latin language. It might also give you a list of names of CD's which are required for learning of latin.

Good luck with your search!!

http://www.1to1tutor.org
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Home School, Inc 2007