in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Curriculum for grade K.

Last post 08-29-2008 8:16 PM by littledarling. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2008 3:05 PM

Curriculum for grade K.

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a curriculum for kindergarten?

Something that is not too strict in the amount of time spent.  My daughter is 3 soon will be 4, (Oct.) she already can read many different  3 letter words, know her shapes, colors, numbers up to 20, ABC's. I wanted to start her on something a little more structured, but I am homeschooling my 13 year old son and preparing him for High School, (wants to go to a private  all boy school - college prep) most of my time will be needed to work with him so he can pass the admission's test. So my time will be limited, but she needs something, and I am not sure on what- what would be too much for her at this age?

Her little brain is TOO much of a sponge- wants and needs to know EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks for any advice!

• 08-29-2008 8:10 PM In reply to

Re: Curriculum for grade K.

I hear that the ABeka curriculum is structured.  I have seen some of the pages from their preschool workbooks and the pics are great!!!  Although, if your daughter is already reading many 3 letter words, she might get bored with just coloring a number three & 3 apples. 

• 08-29-2008 8:16 PM In reply to

Re: Curriculum for grade K.

Then again, I have also heard that ABeka is somewhat advanced.  So maybe someone else should offer their advice!  :)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Home School, Inc 2007