in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Utilizing Public School Services While Homeschooling

Last post 08-08-2008 8:57 AM by hsiamy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2008 12:04 PM

Utilizing Public School Services While Homeschooling

Has anyone decided to utilize their local public school "specialized services" such as the Intermediate Unit for their special needs child while homeschooling?  Examples of this would be:  Vision Therapist, OT/PT Services etc.  If so, why have you chosen to do so and what are the benefits?  What do you like/dislike about choosing this route.  If no, why not?

With You In The Journey,

~hsiamy

~ hsiamy
  • 08-08-2008 7:11 AM In reply to

Re: Utilizing Public School Services While Homeschooling

My 6 year old is about to start this year. She will be getting at the lest speech. I have tried the programs I have found for helping her at home but still her speech is worse then her 3 1/2 year old sisters. I feel that one on one with someone with more training in this area will help her. It will be 3 or 4 days a week only and 30-45 mins. It will either be one on one or 3 students and one teacher. She might be getting some other therapies also she is being evul. before we move forward on anything else. She might get 45 more mins at school or we might end up with more at home. Depends on the level that is needed and how I like the program they use.
  • 08-08-2008 8:57 AM In reply to

Re: Utilizing Public School Services While Homeschooling

Thanks for sharing this info.!  Best of luck to you and your child with your experience.  Please keep us posted as to how things work with this - offering pros/cons.  Happy Homeschooling!

With You In The Journey,

~hsiamy

~ hsiamy
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Home School, Inc 2007