in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

Curriculum for 1st Grade

Last post 08-10-2008 11:22 PM by MrsDawneShelton. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2008 11:19 AM

Curriculum for 1st Grade

We are starting with our 1st grader this fall, and I am overwhelmed!!  We are considering Sonlight, Heart of Dakota, My Father's World, and then have no idea about math- Singapore, Math-U-See, Saxon- HELP!  The only thing I've decided on is A Reason for Handwriting.  Any help with these or other good ones for 1st Grade??

Catherine

• 06-28-2008 11:46 AM In reply to

• McKay6
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-17-2008
    • Posts 5

Re: Curriculum for 1st Grade

Hi Catherine-

My daughter just finished 1st grade.  We used (and loved) Sing, Spell, Read and Write and Abeka math.  I will be using both of them again next year (for my second daughter).

Alison 

• 07-28-2008 8:42 AM In reply to

Hi

Iam new to homeschooling. I already work with my grandchildren ages 3. But know I would like to see if anyone out there has the kindergarden curriculum used for sale.

thanks

wallace 281-398-1769

• 07-28-2008 9:53 AM In reply to

• McKay6
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-17-2008
    • Posts 5

I have a Veritas Press Kindergarten curriculum for sale if you would like to purchase it.

email me at dasher07@sbcglobal.net 

• 07-29-2008 10:12 AM In reply to

Hi There,

Have you checked out Home School Reviews?  There is a link directly to this web site on our home page.  Under the forums tab on HSR's home page there is a link to the forums.  There is a forum called The Swap Meet.  You may want to try listing your materials there too.  If you haven't already checked out HSR, it is a place for curriculum reviews and homeschool forums.  HSR is HSI's sister site.  The reviews that are offered are from people actually utilizing a specific curriculum.  In the Swap Meet forum curriculum is listed by individuals who would like to pass along materials. 

Happy Homeschooling!

~hsiamy

~ hsiamy
  • 08-10-2008 11:22 PM In reply to

For the basics; Math, Phonics, Writing, etc....we love Abeka.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Home School, Inc 2007