in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

New to homeschooling son suffered stoke long and short term memory problems any idaes

Last post 07-25-2008 6:05 PM by hsiamy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2008 8:23 AM

• mice
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2008
    • Posts 1

New to homeschooling son suffered stoke long and short term memory problems any idaes

Ian is nine years old and  had a stroke at two day old,left frontal lobe damage. and seizures . Removed him from school because school nurse told him not to come back to her office and  then on IHP she stated to put him on left side with his face down, not good. My question is can i help him with memory problems.It is as though one mimute he has it next, no clue.He uses assistive tech; read and write 8 ; and Clicker.

• 07-25-2008 6:05 PM In reply to

Re: New to homeschooling son suffered stoke long and short term memory problems any idaes

Hi there,

Are you familiar with any cognitive rehab therapies that are designed specifically for brain injured/ neuro. impaired individuals?  There are specific programs where they  focus on Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy (you may have to find a local agency that specifically provides this type of service for neuro. impairments).  Try inquiring at a rehab. center where they help people with brain injuries etc.  In my experience they are hard to find but do exist.  Another great resource would be The National Center For Child Development www.nacd.org  If there is a center near you all the better!  But, if not they can still  help.  They even set-up homeschool plans specifically geared toward this type of inquiry (autism, neuro. impairments etc). 

I hope that this helps!

With You In The Journey,

~hsiamy

~ hsiamy
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Home School, Inc 2007