in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

pre-k

Last post 05-03-2008 8:23 AM by ARoebuck. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-05-2008 9:43 AM

pre-k

any ideas for my soon to be 5 year old and soon to 3 year old that i am teaching them at home and i am totally lost what to do for them i am trying this for the first time and i might continue teaching them at home for kdg

• 03-05-2008 11:32 AM In reply to

Re: pre-k

I am a one year homeschooler. I use Time4learning for the basics Math & ABC . Also l would look for support groups co-ops. I use KONOS online for the extra stuff but I have a 15 & 10yr old & unit studies are great for different ages. You also might attend a homeschool convention but don't jump into curriculm too fast until you are sure what is right for you. God Bless.  Laura /Texas

• 03-05-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

thank you for your opinion it was nice of you to take time out of your day

• 03-25-2008 5:01 PM In reply to

I am using the hooked on phonics pre-k and a book from Walmart for preschoolers. I am also using flashcards for the alphabet and the ABC book by Dr. Suess. I also use candies and toys to learn how to count. I am new at this as well but these things work for me very well so far. I am trying a word of the day starting today. Words like above, below, left, right, top, bottom, middle, down, up, between, thin, thick, and so on. ShawnaLee/Washington State

• 04-03-2008 9:53 AM In reply to

• Horse
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-03-2008
    • Posts 1

Go to your local library. there is a section devoted to homschoolers. I have several favorite books that I have used. I like "How To Homeschool" , by Gayle Graham. It helped me with a reasonable schedule, record keeping and other important issues. Of course there are many other books to help you in several areas. They are free. You can also find helpful curriculm style phonic books. My favorite is "Phonics Pathways" by Dolores G. Hiskes  Good Luck!!!

• 04-28-2008 12:29 PM In reply to

If you are a stay at home mom and don't have to work...I suggest "Hands on Homeschooling". It is a curriculum that is fully thought out, covering all subjects and is great for PreK students. It isn't good for those that have to work because there is a bit of preparation involved for each lesson. My 4 year old really enjoyed it when I could prepare ahead of time. http://www.handsonhomeschooling.com/ It cost about $100 new...but again covers all the bases.

• 05-03-2008 8:23 AM In reply to

One thing I've used it the Letter Factory DVD by Leap Frog.  You can get it at Wal-mart.  It is a cute video.  My oldest son learned his letter sounds in a weekend.  Then when I was teaching my middle son (4yrs.) his letters, he was having a little trouble.  This helped him so much.  My 2 yr. old daughter was watching it with him & now knows her letters & sounds very well.  Please remember to just have fun with them in Pre-K.  They have so many more years ahead of them of school.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Home School, Inc 2007