in
< New to Homeschooling? 
< Homeschooling Resources 
< About Us 
< Contact Us 

Homeschool Community

The site for all your home school needs

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Last post 05-12-2009 6:36 AM by neilnbj. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2008 9:18 PM

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I AM THINKING ABOUT "TIME4 LEARNING" AS ADDITIONAL CIRRICULUM.  HAS ANY ONE BEEN USING IT AND IS IT AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS?

• 02-16-2008 3:15 PM In reply to

Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK?

We've been using Time4Learning since November for our 7th grade son.  I've been really happy with it so far.  He's taking Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. We backed him up to 6th grade math and it seems to be pretty thorough with a lot of reinforcement.  Science is only offered through 6th grade so we're using that right now.  I've just subscribed through homeschoolbuyersco-op.org for their group buy of CyberEd Plato for Life, Physical, and Earth Science.  It looks like between T4L and CyberEd we should be able to complete a middle school curriculum for my son.  If we continue to homeschool after 8th grade, we're going to have to find something else for high school.

Depending on the age of your child, I think T4L is a great program.  It supposed to be pretty comprehensive after 2nd grade, maybe not so much before that. I think some families use it to supplement and some use it as a complete curriculum. They also offer a 2 week trial period to try it out. I've also really enjoyed the parent forum.  Lots of advice from other families, plus the support staff is very prompt and helpful with questions.  Good luck.

Cindy McCormick ckm@otsc.tamu.edu

Filed under:
  • 02-19-2008 11:30 AM In reply to

chemcindy, we have been using the cyber plato all year! we love it! i just missed digital frog...we were out of town and i forgot to sign up before we left! cyber plato has been great for my giftie because he can move at his own pace! i supplement with edhelper.com. a yearly is about 20 dollars and it covers a wide range of subjects/ability levels/etc.
    Filed under: ,
  • 05-12-2009 6:36 AM In reply to

We have just finished a month trial of T4L and really liked the interactive style! Our 2nd grader tried the 3rd grade level and did very well. We was very interested and loved the idea of being able to go to the "Playground", a virtual repreive, and play games that were still challenging and interesting. We are still considering using this curriculum next year for third grade. I recommend that you print out the supporting worksheets and curriculum guide.

I was a little confused about the method that courses were chosen. It appears that you have to type in the course number from the home page to pick and choose the classes. I would rather have a more streamlined way of the child simply signing in and being prompted to take the next course based on past performance.

Support is great and very personal and responsive! All in all, i would recommend. Cant beat the price and with no commitment or early termination fee. We are strongly considering.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Home School, Inc 2007